Friday 30 November 2007

Caroline Shotton's replicas include The Moona Lisa, Cow with the Pearl Earring and The Moo!

Based on classic works by the likes of Leonardo Da Vinci, Johannes Vermeer and Edvard Munch, the Londoner has sold more than 5,000 limited edition prints.



Mrs Shotton, 34, said: 'The collection transpired when I was watching a documentary about the Mona Lisa and it made me smile just thinking what the painting would look like if replaced with one of my cows. And then came the puns – The Moona Lisa, I couldn't resist.'


I imagine cows to be very much like children in the sense that they are cheeky, playful, mischievous and far more intelligent than we give them credit for,' she said.



Her collection – which also includes Cow with the Pearl Earring, The The Cavelier and Moo Gough – is currently a Really Fab Cards best seller!






The artist admits her life has been taken over by cows but she has no regrets.

'I can't stop thinking about them but I love the reaction my work gets,' she said.

No comments: